The Chief Minister of UP, Yogi Adityanath has declared his plans of making the tallest statue in the world standing at 251 Metres, taller than the current tallest ‘Statue of Unity’ of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel in Gujarat. He made this declaration post a committee meeting chaired by himself.
As per sources, all the points that you need to know regarding the project:-
- Post completion it would be the tallest in the world, standing at 251 Metres.
- The statue would be made on the banks of river Saryu in Ayodhya.
- It would occupy around 100 acres of land. The base would cover around 50 meters.
- A museum would be made under the base exhibiting relevant things from Lord Rama’s life.
- It will depict in detail, the era Ikshvaku dynasty covering all the instances from Manu to the birth of Lord Ram.
- A front will be built and trust would be developed chaired by Yogi Adityanath.
- The total cost of construction is estimated to be around Rs 2500 Crore. The completion would take place in phases, the first one alone would cost around 1500 crore.
- The UP government would seek technical assistance from the Gujarat government.
- A Rajkiya Nirman Nigam would be set up which would be responsible for the upkeep.
- Further assistance would be taken from IIT Kanpur and NEERI (National Environmental Engineering Research Institute) for environmental studies, site survey, and feasibility study.
India is surely leading its way in making the tallest statues in the world.